Associate Veterinarian - Great Work/Life Balance, Benefits, Sign On & Relocation Bonus!
Sploot Veterinary Care
Location: Denver, Colorado
Type: Full Time
DVM or equivalent
Sploot Veterinary Care is on a mission to transform the veterinary care for pets, pet parents, and veterinarians alike. Sploot provides high quality, empathy-led and seamless primary and urgent care for pets - which means pets get great routine and unexpected care whenever they need it, and pet parents get peace of mind, always. And vets? We know that the best care comes from great professionals who feel nurtured both in and out of the clinic - so that’s what we do.
There are a million reasons to consider joining us, but we’ll try to be brief. Our passion for pets is matched only by our commitment to vets - we’re obsessed with creating an environment where vets don’t just survive, but thrive. What do we mean by thrive? You’ll spend the majority of your time (way more than industry average!) doing what you came to do - practicing veterinary medicine. With the diversity of cases we handle across primary and urgent care, you know that each week will be filled with a range of interesting cases that will keep you highly engaged and always learning (plus, our team tells us this case mix also enables them to develop fulfilling relationships with pet parents!). You’ll get ongoing training and on the job mentorship - so that you can redefine excellence for yourself every day. And on top of that, you’ll have fun - because you’ll be joining a company culture and team that prioritizes great teamwork, holistic wellness (read: work life balance!), and fun. And by fun we mean sponsored team outings, unlimited office snacks, and ever-changing perks that could make surprise and delight our middle name!
If that sounds great to you, read on for more - and be part of making Sploot the best furever home out there for pets and vets!
We are looking for experienced, empathetic, and collaborative vets to join our Sploot medical team. Vets who are a great fit will:
- Have a DVM / VMD degree with a Colorado State veterinary license, and be in good standing with the Colorado State Board of Veterinary Medicine
- Have at least 12-18 months of experience in general medicine and / or surgery
- Be passionate about providing the best possible pet care, always striving to be a better vet and to help the team and clinic grow in capability and care
- Be a collaborative team player, who thrives in fast-paced environments and prioritizes a great work culture
A plus if you have experience in urgent care / emergency medicine, and / or dental experience!
Why join Sploot Veterinary Care?
Maximize your time spent on providing great care. Our vets tell us their dream is to spend as much time as possible doing what they love most - providing great care to pets. We hear them loud and clear - so we make that possible by investing holistically in the clinic and clinical team.
- 2-3 medical support staff per veterinarian; highly trained, VERY well-compensated!, and enthusiastic
- Specialized functions for all clinic operations, including inventory management, facility management, and client experience (read: off your plate!)
- Pet parent experience team provides concierge service for all clients, including smart scheduling and all communications. Plus, the team handles all calls offsite - meaning no phones ringing in clinic! (Naturally, we still have a team in clinic taking care of pet parents from check-in to check-out!)
- State of the art facility and equipment, designed from the ground up around our medical team - from the latest in medical devices and fully equipped surgical suites to soundproof wards, separated canine and feline wards, office space, and tech-enabled medical processes, Sploot clinics provide it all.
Keep growing as a professional.
We know vets are passionate about continuous learning and growth - so we invest heavily in formal and informal training, on and beyond the job.
- On the job learning - providing both primary and urgent care means you’ll experience, and learn from, a much broader range of cases, spanning GP, urgent, dental, and soft tissue surgeries.
- Structured Medical Development program - personalized development programs based on your interest, both in medical areas of focus and if desired, beyond (business, leadership, culture, operations, support).
- Benefit from our team of experts, with diverse experience across medical specialities and cases. Our team thrives in a collaborative learning environment, where we share medical cases and learnings, and invite team members to join specific procedures as part of your development.
- Unlimited continuing education - we support our vets in taking not just the required annual courses to stay fresh and certified, but any courses above and beyond that our vets find interesting - on us!
- Be inspired by our investment in educational programs, including experiential courses, in-house medical training, personalized development plans, and more
- Structured knowledge sharing - from regular team huddles and lunch ‘n’ learns, to our internal wiki and instant messaging platforms, we encourage and benefit from sharing knowledge.
Love where you work.
Ever wonder what it would be like if work was designed to help you be your best self both inside and outside of work? Wonder no more - at Sploot, we make sure you have a great experience at work, and plenty of time outside of it - so you can lead an all around balanced, fulfilled life.
- Work / life balance - we’ve streamlined operations so all our vets enjoy 3-4 day weekends regularly (!!!). We know, it’s awesome - and we’re super excited to make that happen for all our vets from day 1. And that’s just par for the course - we’re all about regular hours, with absolutely no overnight shifts!
- Hire not just for credentials, but for culture - it’s a non-negotiable for all members of our team to be no ego, no drama, yes kind, yes collaborative people who care about contributing to a great team.
- Nurture great teams - whether it’s sponsoring Taylor Swift and wine / beer / pizza nights or team hikes, we spend quality time building team relationships outside of the clinic.
- Treats - (so) not just for pets. Enjoy high quality, ever-changing snacks and refreshments in the office (spoiler alert: not just bags of chips), plus regular lunches on us!
And of course, we provide the whole package**
- Competitive base salary
- Sign-on and relocation bonus
- Performance bonuses
- Total comp $100-200K per year
- Licensing fees reimbursements and dues / subscriptions / memberships of your choice (e.g. AVMA, vin.com)
At Sploot we believe that every pet deserves high-quality veterinary care whenever and wherever they need it. Whether it’s a routine visit or something that “just happened and can’t wait.” We know that great treatment must start with a happy and healthy veterinary team, and that’s the reason we set out to create a supportive, healthy and balanced environment that enables veterinary professionals (and we mean ALL VETERINARY PROFESSIONALS) to thrive in and out of the pet hospital.