MedVet is seeking a veterinarian to join our Urgent Care Clinic in Richardson, TX. As a MedVet Urgent Care doctor, you will work full time as part of a highly efficient, well-coordinated team that can help provide you with a quality work – life balance. The ideal candidate has experience in small animal general practice or emergency medicine, thrives in a fast-paced environment, and is dedicated to practicing the highest quality of urgent care medicine.
Urgent Care Veterinarian:
The primary role of the Urgent Care Veterinarian is to efficiently provide high quality out-patient care to patients with minor injuries and ailments. Responsibilities include all aspects of urgent care that do not require hospitalization, with an emphasis on thorough and timely communication with clients and referral veterinarians. Cases requiring more advanced care will be stabilized for client transfer to MedVet Dallas for specialty referral and 24-hour care. This is a unique opportunity for a small-animal general practice, emergency, or internship trained veterinarian to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment with the benefit of set shift schedules.
Everything Starts With Our Caregivers:
- Founded in 1988, MedVet is one of the largest veterinarian owned and veterinarian led multispecialty and emergency organizations in the country.
- All MedVet doctors are eligible to become shareholders - a rare opportunity to have ownership and share in the growth and success of MedVet hospitals across the country.
- Our passionate and dedicated team of doctors, certified technicians, assistants, and client service representatives is committed to being the best in the veterinary profession to give and receive care. Their collaboration, passion, and energy can be felt by everyone who enters our hospital doors.
- To help you do your job, we leverage advanced technology such as EZ Vet, SmartFlow, and Ovid Discovery (with access to 100's of texts & journals). To enhance your patient care, our boarded radiologists review all imaging studies and our in-house labs offer state of the art diagnostic capabilities.
- We offer all the benefits you expect, PLUS Competitive Compensation, Student Loan Repayment Program, Family Forming Support Benefits through Carrot, and Paid Parental Leave.
- Assist with the in-person and phone triage process.
- Supervise patient intake and evaluation.
- Provide prompt examination, diagnostic recommendations, and treatment to incoming patients.
- As needed, stabilize for client transfer to a local MedVet Specialty/24-hour ER hospital.
- Communicate with clients and referral partners regarding patient status, diagnostic and treatment plans, estimate updates, and follow-up care
- Engage in training of clinical service team members.
- Utilize existing templates whenever possible to efficiently complete discharges, medical records, and referral reports.
- Licensed veterinarian in the state that the hospital is located
- Strong communication skills
- Desire to work in a collaborative, team-oriented workplace
Why Dallas, TX?
Dallas is full of noteworthy attractions, a thriving arts district, award-winning cuisine, high-class shopping, parks, and more. Whether you're looking for a hip cafes, an awesome music venue, or an energetic sporting event, you can find it here. Dallas is home to the Cowboys, Stars, Mavericks, and Texas Rangers. Located in North Texas, the Dallas region is a hotbed of innovation with a strong business community anchored by nine Fortune 500 companies and 41 local colleges and universities. Home prices in the area are among the most affordable in the country and many neighborhoods offer great access to parks and outdoor activities.
To submit a confidential CV, please email Amanda Purcell at email@example.com.
Come as you are. MedVet is an equal opportunity employer. We are also a drug-free organization, therefore employment with MedVet is dependent upon the passing of a drug screen and background check.
There are more positions listed at www.medvet.com/careers.
Moving somewhere we don't currently have a posting? We still want to hear from you!