Up to $50k Sign On - Veterinarian in SLC (West Jordan Veterinary Hospital)
National Veterinary Associates (NVA)
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Type: Full Time
Salary: Six figure salary + production
DVM or equivalent
Up to $50k sign on or relocation bonus!
West Jordan Veterinary Hospital, located in West Jordan, UT, is seeking an Associate Veterinarian to join our practice.
We are located less than 20 minutes from downtown Salt Lake City. Our mission is to provide excellent and compassionate patient care at reasonable rates. Our loyal clients are like part of the family, many frequenting our full-service veterinary hospital since its inception in 1983. We are looking for a candidate that will enjoy collaborating with colleagues, developing his or her skill set and be a part of our growing business.
About West Jordan, UT:
In West Jordan, you can enjoy local events like the Independence Day Festival and Western Stampede Rodeo and various cultural events and activities organized by the Arts Council. There are a variety of parks to enjoy and the Jordan River Trail is a great setting for a leisurely stroll or quick run. West Jordan is less than 20 minutes from downtown Salt Lake City where you'll find a wealth of cultural and sporting events, including the Utah Symphony and Opera, Ballet West, the Utah Jazz and a number of museums and more. Utah's world-famous mountains are just minutes away and are an outdoor lover's paradise. Winter brings the Greatest Snow on Earth for skiing, snow boarding and snowmobiling. When the powder melts, hiking, rock climbing, mountain biking, fishing and boating are just a few of the summer activities to be enjoyed.
ABOUT THE HOSPITAL
· Four exam rooms, treatment area and surgery room.
· In-House laboratory capabilities for selected blood chemistries, urinalysis and sediments, and various IDEXX tests run by technicians. We also have a close association with external full-service clinical and pathological laboratories.
· Digital X-ray system with superb, readable "films" in eight seconds.
· Ultrasonic dental system
· Digital Dental X-ray system.
· Isoflourance anesthesia and electro surgery.
· Complete pharmacy - large inventory of established pharmaceuticals.
· Newest version AVIMARK computerization which streamlines the management of client data base of more than 12,000 animals
In addition to the responsibilities outlined below, the Associate Veterinarian is an invaluable member of the hospital team who works directly with a Managing Doctor and supporting medical staff. This individual advances the quality of medicine in the practice and provides exceptional client service to our clients and patients.
· Builds rapport with clients by gathering information and listening to, and empathizing with their concerns
· Performs physical examinations and diagnostic/medical/surgical/dental procedures that deliver the highest quality care while minimizing patient stress and discomfort.
· Communicates with clients on topics such as pet diagnosis, treatment plans, preventive health care, and nutritional needs.
· Maintains client/patient medical/surgical records and makes certain all necessary logs are kept up-to-date through established protocols.
· Stays current on new medical information and changes in veterinary medicine.
· Assists in the development of the paraprofessional team to ensure delivery of the highest quality care and exceptional client service.
· Presents a positive image of the hospital in the professional community and to the general public.
Skills and Basic Qualifications
· A Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) or related degree from an accredited university.
· Licensure in good standing to practice in the state in which applicant is to be employed.
· Commitment to practicing the highest standard of medicine and upholding veterinary code of ethics.
· Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Works collaboratively with hospital team members.
· Makes decisions confidently and effectively.
· Manages time and tasks appropriately.
· Models a professional and courteous manner with staff and clients.
· Commitment to ongoing educational development and growth
NVA is a leading global veterinary community of more than 1,400 veterinary hospitals and pet resorts united in the love of animals and the people who love them. Our animal care ecosystem spans the United States, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and Singapore. Rooted in a culture of compassion, innovation and collaboration, NVA champions each hospital's unique culture and provides the support and opportunities veterinary teams need to deliver exceptional care to pets and their families.