Responsible for ensuring high veterinary medical standards and quality of service in the Shelter and Community Wellness Program. The Community Wellness Program will offer two days of wellness services in Colorado Springs and two days in Pueblo for pet owners in financial need. Services will encompass spay/neuter, vaccinations, wellness and sick appointments to bridge the gap that currently exists for access to veterinary care for low income clients. The Community Wellness and Shelter Veterinarian will be scheduled for two days per week in the wellness clinic, and two days per week in the shelter at either location. In the shelter, veterinarians are responsible for medical care, surgical procedures to include sterilization of dogs, cats and rabbits, dentals, amputations, mass removals, eye surgeries and other medical procedures as needed in a high volume setting for shelter animals.
4 day work week
No on-call requirement
Generous CE stipend and paid time off to attend training.
Staff veterinarians have their license and AVMA PLIT renewal covered.
VIN, AVMA/CVMA and ASV memberships covered.
Additional Salary Information: DOE
Internal Number: 7196797349
About Humane Society - Pikes Peak Region
Who Are We? The first of only two AAHA accredited shelters in Colorado!
Employment at the Humane Society of the Pikes Peak Region - Colorado
HSPPR is a nonprofit animal shelter serving El Paso, Pueblo, and Douglas Counties as well as the City of Centennial. We employ a total of 190+ employees. We are an organization that celebrates and prioritizes diversity and inclusion. Employees must be 18 years of age, a drug test and background check are mandatory for employment.
The core values of the staff unite and guide us to provide the best service to the animals in our care, our organization and our community.
Core Values Statements
• Compassion: We believe that animals matter. We are committed to treating animals and people with kindness, respect and compassion.
• Stewardship: We are accountable and transparent in our actions and in the use of our resources to build trust in those we serve.
• Integrity: We believe we can make the greatest impact by staying true to our mission, always doing what is best for the animals and people of our community, and standing united in our decisions.
• Excellence: We are passionate about our mission, and strive for excellen...ce through continual learning, innovation and the development of our board, staff and volunteers.
• Collaboration: We seek strategic partnerships and alliances to advance the welfare and protection of animals and people.