Gunston Animal Hospital located in Woodbridge, VA is seeking an Associate Veterinarian to join our practice!
Our mission at Gunston Animal Hospital is to provide the highest quality veterinary medicine possible. We place a high priority on educating pet owners on how to provide for the well-being of their pets, and we believe that preventative care is the best way to ensure good health. We are strongly committed to our Gunston community and this relationship is at the core of our mission. Gunston Animal Hospital places an emphasis on continually growing our skills through regular staff training and continuing education opportunities.
· Perform physical examinations and diagnostic/medical/surgical/dental procedures that deliver the highest quality care while minimizing patient stress and discomfort.
· Develop Continuity of care and trust by communicating effectively with clients and providing a high level of care leading to client retention
· Collaborate and Assists in the development of the paraprofessional team to ensure delivery of the highest quality care and exceptional client service.
· Maintains client/patient medical/surgical records and makes certain all necessary logs are kept up-to-date through established protocols.
· Stays current on new medical information and changes in veterinary medicine.
· Presents a positive image of the hospital in the professional community and to the general public.
What we are looking for:
An ideal candidate is outgoing and able to easily connect and communicate with patients and team members alike. Is passionate about providing high levels of clinical care in the exam room as well as in the procedural suite.
We offer a competitive benefits package including:
· Competitive Compensation
· Health, Dental, Vision
· Annual CE funds, DEA and Licensure
· Matching 401k
· Paid Time off(vacation, Sick, CE, etc)
We are located in Woodbridge, VA just 20 miles south of Washington D.C. The area offers several amenities for its residents. It is home to the Potomac Nationals baseball team stadium, Occoquan Bay National Wildlife Refuge, and Leesylvania State Park. There are also several dining and shopping areas conveniently located in the area.
Gunston Animal Hospital is an equal opportunity employer
Internal Number: 5471
About Gunston Animal Hospital
The veterinary profession isn’t like any other—it’s the only field predicated on the love of a patient who can’t tell you what’s hurting and can only look to you for help. It takes a special kind of person to do that job, or the jobs supporting that job. NVA doesn’t create those special people—we find them, cultivate them, and give them resources and opportunities to do what only they can do. Whether treating patients, managing a pet resort, or serving hospitals from NVA’s Support Center, NVA’s animal professionals are caring people, united by a love of animals. NVA is proud to honor that connection and is committed to serving our team members by providing them with the tools, support, and freedom to be the professionals they’ve always wanted to be.