Waterville Veterinary Clinic located in Waterville, New York is seeking an Associate DVM to join our practice!
The Waterville Veterinary Clinic (WVC) is a contemporary veterinary practice offering a continuum of quality care for canine and feline pets located in the rolling hills of Central New York. WVC is 40 miles east of Syracuse (pop 660,934) and 15 miles south of Utica (pop 62,233). WVC offers primary care, surgery and dental services, 24-hour emergency service and referrals. Clients travel within a 100 mile radius to be served at the practice. In 2016, the practice had 14,000 patient visits. On an average day WVC has approximately 125 office visits per day and 12-15 surgeries daily.
There are many outdoor activities within your reach in the Central New York area such as fishing, hiking, skiing, boating, camping, biking, festivals, and many sporting leagues for adults and children. We are a short drive to the Adirondack and Catskill Mountains, Finger Lakes, Saint Lawrence Seaway, Niagara Falls, Cooperstown Baseball Hall of Fame and the Turning Stone Casino & Resort. We have a vast variety of wineries, craft breweries, cultural events, fine eateries, museums and great shopping. The cost of living is reasonable allowing your money to go further than other areas in New York State. WVC strongly supports this area. We offer a flexible work schedule with a dynamic team of professionals and supportive clientele making this practice more attractive than others in the area.
About our hospital:
- Recent opening of State of the art surgery and dental center (Winter 2016)
- Offering 2 surgical suites and 2 dental work stations.
- 9 exam rooms, treatment areas and ultra sound and X-ray rooms
- In-house laboratory using advanced Idexx equipment such as Catalyst Dx, Procyte Dx, Snapshot Dx, VetLab Station, VetLab UA and all snap tests.
- Partnering with the IDEXX reference lab.
- In-house ECG
- Olympus Endoscopy
- Fuji Digital X-ray
- Companion Therapy Laser
- Up to date surgical equipment, anesthesia and monitoring equipment
- Aesculight Surgical Laser
- Full pharmacy- carrying a vast inventory of pharmaceuticals and the latest flea/tick/heartworm medication.
- Newest version of AVI Mark for management of clients invoicing, records, and notes being all paperless
What we’re looking for:
- 1-3 years experience however new grads are welcome to apply
- Someone who can lead through example
- Teamwork & flexibility
What we offer:
- Paid time off
- Paid CE
- Paid Doctors License renewals
- Health Insurance
Find more information at www.watervet.com !
In addition to the responsibilities outlined below, the Associate Veterinarian is an invaluable member of the hospital team who works directly with a Managing Doctor and supporting medical staff. This individual advances the quality of medicine in the practice and provides exceptional client service to our clients and patients.
- Builds rapport with clients by gathering information and listening to, and empathizing with their concerns
- Performs physical examinations and diagnostic/medical/surgical/dental procedures that deliver the highest quality care while minimizing patient stress and discomfort.
- Communicates with clients on topics such as pet diagnosis, treatment plans, preventive health care, and nutritional needs.
- Maintains client/patient medical/surgical records and makes certain all necessary logs are kept up-to-date through established protocols.
- Stays current on new medical information and changes in veterinary medicine.
- Assists in the development of the paraprofessional team to ensure delivery of the highest quality care and exceptional client service.
- Presents a positive image of the hospital in the professional community and to the general public.
Skills and Basic Qualifications
- A Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) or related degree from an accredited university.
- Licensure in good standing to practice in the state in which applicant is to be employed.
- Commitment to practicing the highest standard of medicine and upholding veterinary code of ethics.
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Works collaboratively with hospital team members.
- Makes decisions confidently and effectively.
- Manages time and tasks appropriately.
- Models a professional and courteous manner with staff and clients.
- Commitment to ongoing educational development and growth
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of the company to afford equal opportunities to all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, non-disqualifying disability or status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran.