Lee’s Summit Animal Hospital North in Lee’s Summit, MO is seeking a small animal Associate Veterinarian to join our team.
We are a full-service veterinary hospital that has been providing quality veterinary care for large and small animals for over 60 years. We opened our satellite office in 1993. Our pet health clinic is devoted to the prevention and treatment of diseases in household pets. We’ve made it our mission to provide veterinary care services that are both thoughtful and informed. Our mission is to provide your pet with the best care possible. We pride ourselves on our compassionate support staff and doctors with many years of experience. All experience levels welcome!
With two locations in the area, Lee's Summit Animal Hospital provides community services to more than just animals. With offices at 411 SW Market Street and 810 NW Commerce Drive, we have established partnerships through job shadowing and preceptorship for students from area high schools, colleges and the University Of Missouri College Of Veterinary Medicine. We also sponsor school and community activities. Lee's Summit Animal Hospital was inducted into the Lee's Summit Chamber of Commerce Hall of Fame.
More information at http://www.leessummitanimalhospital.com/
ABOUT THE HOSPITAL
- Digital x-ray
- In house IDEXX lab
- Fully stocked in-house and online pharmacy
- Avian/Exotic friendly
- Avimark - paper lite
About Lee's Summit
Lee's Summit is the sixth largest city in the Kansas City Metropolitan area. We have a population of 95,000 and offer a small town feel with city amenities and excellent schools.We were rated "one of the best places to live in 2016" by Money Magazine and in "2017 Best Places to buy a forever home" by GoodCall.com. There is a variety of things to do including watching all the teams for the sports enthusiasts, visiting museums, and watching performances at the Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts.
In addition to the responsibilities outlined below, the Associate Veterinarian is an invaluable member of the hospital team who works directly with a Managing Doctor and supporting medical staff. This individual advances the quality of medicine in the practice and provides exceptional client service to our clients and patients.
- Builds rapport with clients by gathering information and listening to, and empathizing with their concerns
- Performs physical examinations and diagnostic/medical/surgical/dental procedures that deliver the highest quality care while minimizing patient stress and discomfort.
- Communicates with clients on topics such as pet diagnosis, treatment plans, preventive health care, and nutritional needs.
- Maintains client/patient medical/surgical records and makes certain all necessary logs are kept up-to-date through established protocols.
- Stays current on new medical information and changes in veterinary medicine.
- Assists in the development of the paraprofessional team to ensure delivery of the highest quality care and exceptional client service.
- Presents a positive image of the hospital in the professional community and to the general public.
Skills and Basic Qualifications
- A Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) or related degree from an accredited university.
- Licensure in good standing to practice in the state in which applicant is to be employed.
- Commitment to practicing the highest standard of medicine and upholding veterinary code of ethics.
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Works collaboratively with hospital team members.
- Makes decisions confidently and effectively.
- Manages time and tasks appropriately.
- Models a professional and courteous manner with staff and clients.
- Commitment to ongoing educational development and growth
- 1 - 3 years minimum experience required
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of the company to afford equal opportunities to all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, non-disqualifying disability or status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran.