Value Pet Clinic, located in Shoreline, WA, is seeking an Associate Veterinarian to join our team.
We are an established, energetic team that is committed to providing exceptional client service and patient care at our growing clinic. Our leadership encourages growth and fosters a supportive learning environment for both new graduates and seasoned DVMs. Great hours, no emergency hours or overnights.
For more information, please visit our website at: www.valuepetclinic.com.
ABOUT THE HOSPITAL
- Digital radiology
- Digital dental radiology
- In-house labs, as well as Idexx referral lab
- Paper light clinic
- Spacious and bright treatment area and dedicated surgical suite
- We work with Dr. Jeff Mayo, a board certified canine and feline specialist, who performs orthopedic surgeries at our location
About Shoreline, WA:
Shoreline is just outside of Seattle, Washington and fifteen minutes north of the iconic Space Needle. Enjoy your time off walking the waterfront overlooking the Puget Sound or catch a Seahawks or Mariners game. If you enjoy bicycling, jogging, or want to take a walk, the interurban trail spans several counties and runs right through Shoreline.
In addition to the responsibilities outlined below, the Associate Veterinarian is an invaluable member of the hospital team who works directly with a Managing Doctor and supporting medical staff. This individual advances the quality of medicine in the practice and provides exceptional client service to our clients and patients.
- Builds rapport with clients by gathering information and listening to, and empathizing with their concerns
- Performs physical examinations and diagnostic/medical/surgical/dental procedures that deliver the highest quality care while minimizing patient stress and discomfort.
- Communicates with clients on topics such as pet diagnosis, treatment plans, preventive health care, and nutritional needs.
- Maintains client/patient medical/surgical records and makes certain all necessary logs are kept up-to-date through established protocols.
- Stays current on new medical information and changes in veterinary medicine.
- Assists in the development of the paraprofessional team to ensure delivery of the highest quality care and exceptional client service.
- Presents a positive image of the hospital in the professional community and to the general public.
Skills and Basic Qualifications
- A Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) or related degree from an accredited university.
- Licensure in good standing to practice in the state in which applicant is to be employed.
- Commitment to practicing the highest standard of medicine and upholding veterinary code of ethics.
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Works collaboratively with hospital team members.
- Makes decisions confidently and effectively.
- Manages time and tasks appropriately.
- Models a professional and courteous manner with staff and clients.
- Commitment to ongoing educational development and growth