Seasonal Relief, Part-time & Full-time opportunities for Veterinarians
Due to our tremendous growth, we are seeking Relief, Part-time, & Full-time Veterinarians for our hospitals across Alaska! Opportunities available in General Practice, Emergency, and Internal Medicine. We are seeking dedicated, caring professionals to meet the needs of well-established hospitals. All experience levels welcome, including new grads, seasoned professionals, and those seeking mentorship/leadership opportunities. Generous sign on and retention bonuses offered, including opportunity to pay down your student loan debt!
If you like to travel and are available, we would love to speak with you about our seasonal opportunities across Alaska! We see an influx of clients during our summer visitor season and need additional coverage to meet the demand. Come summer with us in sunny Alaska where the sun never sets!
We reward your excellence with a robust compensation package, including:
· Outstanding base salary + production
· Sign on/retention bonus
· Medical, dental, vision and life insurance + 401(k)
· Paid AK veterinary licensure
· Paid relocation and/or travel allowance
· Flexible scheduling and short to long-term assignments
· Paid vacation, sick time, and holidays
· CE allowance + Association membership costs
In addition to the responsibilities outlined below, an Associate Veterinarians is an invaluable member of the hospital team who works directly with a Managing Doctor and supporting medical staff. This individual advances the quality of medicine in the practice and provides exceptional client service to our clients and patients.
- Builds rapport with clients by gathering information and listening to, and empathizing with their concerns
- Performs physical examinations and diagnostic/medical/surgical/dental procedures that deliver the highest quality care while minimizing patient stress and discomfort
- Communicates with clients on topics such as pet diagnosis, treatment plans, preventive health care, and nutritional needs
- Maintains client/patient medical/surgical records and makes certain all necessary logs are kept up-to-date through established protocols
- Stays current on new medical information and changes in veterinary medicine
- Assists in the development of the paraprofessional team to ensure delivery of the highest quality care and exceptional client service
- Presents a positive image of the hospital in the professional community and to the general public
Skills and Basic Qualifications
- A Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) or related degree from an accredited university
- Licensure in good standing to practice in the state in which applicant is to be employed
- Commitment to practicing the highest standard of medicine and upholding veterinary code of ethics
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Works collaboratively with hospital team members
- Makes decisions confidently and effectively
- Manages time and tasks appropriately
- Models a professional and courteous manner with staff and clients
- Commitment to ongoing educational development and growth
NVA and our Mission
National Veterinary Associates (NVA™) is the largest private owner of freestanding veterinary hospitals in the United States. NVA owns over 350 companion animal veterinary hospitals providing a full range of medical and surgical services.
NVA was founded in 1996 by Stanley Creighton DVM, with an emphasis on supporting local medical standards as established by individual hospitals and practitioners. He believed then as we do now, that veterinary medicine is best practiced when veterinarians craft their own hospital and community specific strategies for high quality patient care and client services.
Dr. Creighton’s vision for NVA has continued to develop. Today we strive to embrace the philosophies of Servant Leadership as we move forward in developing leadership teams within individual hospitals. We are looking for leaders to join our group who are passionate about improving the lives of pets and demonstrate the ability to:
Contribute to a candid, fair, and caring work environment, and
Relief Veterinarian Information:
|Qualification: ||Certified DVM |
|Licensing: || Alaska |
|Rate for Service: ||$600 Daily || |