Kokomo Animal Hospital in Kokomo, IN is seeking a Hospital Manager to join our compassionate and caring team!
Kokomo Animal Hospital operates as a full service small animal practice. We offer a full range of diagnostics, surgical procedures, and wellness services, as well as retail, grooming, and boarding. Kokomo Animal Hospital was established in 1941 and has been an advocate for animals in our community for over 75 years. We presently operate with a team of four full-time Veterinarians, two part-time Veterinarians, two RVTs, and 3 Veterinary assistants (B.S. degrees). Our goal is to provide professional, friendly, and personalized service for our clients, and high quality, compassionate veterinary care for our patients
Our philosophy is to utilize our individual strengths and interests to foster a strong team environment for work while providing adequate time off to balance a personal life and family along with community, church, and/ or other individual interests. This philosophy has allowed us to establish an unprecedented level of retention of both our Veterinary and professional staff, and has enabled us to better meet our professional and personal goals because of the longevity of our professional relationships and consistency of our staff.
For more information, please visit our website at: www.kokomoanimalhospital.com
ABOUT THE HOSPITAL
- In-house IDEXX lab-Catalyst Dx, LaserCyte, Snapshot Dx
- Daily IDEXX referral lab pick up
- Digital (direct) radiography and Progeny digital dental radiography
- Ultrasound (non-Doppler)
- Full Surgery suite with 2 general anesthesia /monitoring stations
- Dental suite with general anesthesia, complete monitoring and Midmark dental equipment
- Four general exam rooms and separate treatment room
- Full service in-house pharmacy plus online pharmacy
Kokomo is the county seat of Howard County, in north central Indiana, just 50 miles north of Indianapolis, the Crossroads of America. Population is around 57,000, with a total county population of 82,800.
Affordable cost of living: The cost of living in Kokomo is 5.3% less than the Indiana average, 16.9% less than the national average.
Education: 17 elementary schools, 7 middle schools, 7 private schools, 4 high schools
Post-secondary educational institutions: Indiana University Kokomo, Purdue University Kokomo, Ivy Tech Community College of Indiana, Indiana Wesleyan University
Two area hospitals that provide availability of top-quality professional health care.
The Hospital Manager is a leader and an integral member of the veterinary hospital management team. The Hospital Manager partners with the Managing Veterinarian to provide a smooth and profitable operation by driving revenue and managing costs while creating a hospital culture based on high quality patient care and exceptional customer service. Responsibilities include managing, planning, and coordinating the overall operations of the hospital, and cultivating a supportive and collaborative team environment.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Leadership and Planning
- Acts as a champion for change and identifies, documents, shares, and promotes best practices.
- Participates in the planning and budget maintenance process.
- Establishes goals for the practice and staff.
- Creates the hospital schedule and manages labor costs to budget.
- Oversees employee benefits program and hospital insurance plans.
- Develops and implements hospital policy, including DEA/Controlled Substances and OSHA compliance.
- Performs quality checks and reviews of client files.
- Monitors computer systems and works with HelpDesk to resolve technical systems/equipment issues.
- Partners with the Managing Veterinarian to address staffing needs including hiring, training, reviewing, and disciplining of staff.
- Implements performance-based incentive and rewards and recognition programs.
- Manages staff, including grooming and boarding staff if applicable.
- Tracks and maintains current licensure for all DVMs.
- Demonstrates and reinforces the highest level of client service
- Resolves client issues and escalations, and oversees client follow-up communication.
- Drives client visits through strategic client communication and local marketing efforts (i.e. Community).
- Ensures payroll is accurately completed and submitted for all hospital staff.
- Manages accounts receivable and cash on hand, including performing invoice audit reviews.
- Manages hospital inventory and controls facility and administrative costs.
- Performs other duties essential to the performance of the hospital as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related degree is preferred.
- At least 1 year veterinary practice management experience required.
- Experience in a hospital setting in positions of increased responsibility is a plus.
Knowledge and/or experience in the following areas:
- Multi-functional operations including budget and labor management.
- Manage time and tasks appropriately and remain flexible with assigned duties.
- Supervisory and leadership experience.
- Reporting and data analysis.
- Problem solving and resolution management skills.
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Basic computer skills i.e. Microsoft Office suite (Previous practice management software knowledge preferred).
- Interpersonal skills with staff and clients, and works well in a team environment.
- Customer service strategies and effective marketing techniques.
- HR policies and protocol development.
- Staff management including: coaching, developing, and motivating staff
- Conduct performance appraisals.
- Delegate responsibility and achieve results with hospital team members.
- Make decisions confidently and effectively.
- Model a professional and courteous manner with staff and clients.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of the company to afford equal opportunities to all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, non-disqualifying disability or status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran.