Canine, Feline, Small Ruminant, Swine, Poultry, Exotic/Avian
DVM or equivalent
All Pets Animal Hospital & 24 Hour Emergency Care (www.apah24.com) is a rapidly growing, well-established, bond-centered, AAHA, Cat Friendly Accredited practice that offers routine, advanced and 24-hour on-site emergency care for dogs, cats and avian/exotics.
We pay above market salary and compensation and provide all mentoring needed to attract the best doctors and staff. Our team of 10 DVMs, including the owner, share after hour ER shifts (average four per month). This shared schedule prevents burnout and supports work/life balance while maintaining optimum patient care and customer service. We offer full 24/7 backup DVMs and technicians if heavy case load, plus 24/7 telemedicine with board certified specialists in both small animal critical care and exotic pet medicine.
We are a paperless practice in a Veterinary Economics award-winning newly constructed building with digital imaging, real time ultrasound, carbon dioxide laser surgery unit, full in-house lab, rehabilitation services (class iv laser, water treadmill, PRP). We provide full 24/7 mentoring for new or experienced DVMs including training in exotics, ultrasound, endoscopy and advanced surgery. Partnership potential if interested.
If you are as passionate about pets and their people as we are, then apply! Please contact Dr. Pat Choyce, 281/392-7387 (clinic), 713/299-4533 mobile, or email PatChoyceDVM@apah24.com. Visit Us Virtually: https://goo.gl/ivmL3K https://www.youtube.com/embed/U0IBiV8tLI8
1. Texas license in good standing. A Texas license can be obtained with minimal effort even if out of state if applicant has a current license in good standing or has passed the national boards, and has 3 good references to give to the Texas Board of Veterinary Medical Examiners.
2. Willingness to share on site emergency shifts after hours, weekend, and holidays with other DVMs on our team, including the owner himself (roughly 4 overnight shifts per month).
3. Willingness to learn or assist in exotic pet portion of the practice. We offer full 24/7 mentoring and support. All you need is willingness to learn.
4. Competent ability or willingness to learn endoscopy, ultrasound and echocardiography. We provide all needed training.
5. Basic small animal surgery competency and willingness to learn more advanced emergency surgery such as GDV and splenectomy.
6. New graduates considered depending upon experience and motivation.
7. Willingness to help our hospital follow and achieve VECCS Level 2 certification standards and maintain our AAHA Accreditation and AAFP Cat Friendly Practice standards.
8. Willingness to learn abdominal, echocardiography, and fast scan ultrasound using our real time Oncura Partners system (all CE paid by employer).
Employer will assist with relocation costs.
Additional Salary Information: production commission paid monthly, health/disability/life insurance, 100% reimbursement for DEA, licensing, CE, VIN, malpractice, uniforms, and all other business related expenses.
About All Pets Animal Hospital & 24 Hr Emergency Care
All Pets Animal Hospital and 24 Hour Emergency Care is a rapidly growing, bond-centered, AAHA accredited, Cat Friendly Practice accredited, small animal, exotic, emergency, and house call veterinary practice located in Katy, Texas, 20 miles west of Houston. We also offer rehabilitation, grooming,and boarding services. We have expanded into a new modern facility in March of 2011 which is a 2012 Vet...erinary Economic Merit Award winning facility. We also received the Greater Houston Better Business Bureau 2013,2014, 2015, and 2016 Award for Excellence. More information can be found on our web site www.apah24.com.