Animal Medical Hospital of State College is seeking an Associate DVM to join our team in State College, Pennsylvania!
Animal Medical Hospital serves Patton Township as well as some of the surrounding townships in Centre County. We provide primary veterinary care, including wellness care, general surgery, orthopedic surgery, ultrasound, dentistry and oral surgery.
About the Hospital
- Facility includes four exam rooms, treatment area, surgery suite, small kennel for surgery and sick patients only
- In-house lab equipment – Idexx Catalyst Dx, Idexx VetLab Station, Laser Cyte and Vet Lyte Station, 2 microscopes
- Idexx-DR 1417 Digital Imaging System
- Sopix Digital Dental
- Isoflourane anesthesia, electro surgery, ultra sonic dental scaler and high speed dental unit
- Excellent surgical monitoring capabilities including multiple cardell monitors (includes EKG, pulse ox, respiratory rate, CO2 levels), Certified Veterinary Technicians, defibrillator
- Complete pharmacy
- Newest version of Avimark
- In addition to dogs and cats, we see a variety of exotics including reptiles, avians, pocket pets, rabbits, ferrets, etc.
Find more information at www.AMHvets.com.
About Centre County
State College is a college town , dominated economically and demographically by the presence of the University Park campus of thePennsylvania State University (Penn State). Though " Happy Valley " is another often-used term to refer to the State College area, the term also includes the borough and the townships of College , Harris , Patton , and Ferguson . In 2010, State College was ranked as the third-safest metropolitan area in the United States by the CQ Press .
Centre County features attractions to suit the whole family. Choose from amusement parks, science centers, guided tours and much more. Some of our most well-known events and festivals include Arts Fest, the Grange Fair, and Central PA 4th Fest. The Bryce Jordan Center hosts concerts, PSU sporting events and conventions.
To learn more information on Centre County, visit http://www.visitpennstate.org/play/attractions/.
In addition to the responsibilities outlined below, the Associate Veterinarian is an invaluable member of the hospital team who works directly with a Managing Doctor and supporting medical staff. This individual advances the quality of medicine in the practice and provides exceptional client service to our clients and patients.
- Builds rapport with clients by gathering information and listening to, and empathizing with their concerns
- Performs physical examinations and diagnostic/medical/surgical/dental procedures that deliver the highest quality care while minimizing patient stress and discomfort.
- Communicates with clients on topics such as pet diagnosis, treatment plans, preventive health care, and nutritional needs.
- Maintains client/patient medical/surgical records and makes certain all necessary logs are kept up-to-date through established protocols.
- Stays current on new medical information and changes in veterinary medicine.
- Assists in the development of the paraprofessional team to ensure delivery of the highest quality care and exceptional client service.
- Presents a positive image of the hospital in the professional community and to the general public.
Skills and Basic Qualifications
- A Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) or related degree from an accredited university.
- Licensure in good standing to practice in the state in which applicant is to be employed.
- Commitment to practicing the highest standard of medicine and upholding veterinary code of ethics.
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Works collaboratively with hospital team members.
- Makes decisions confidently and effectively.
- Manages time and tasks appropriately.
- Models a professional and courteous manner with staff and clients.
- Commitment to ongoing educational development and growth
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of the company to afford equal opportunities to all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, non-disqualifying disability or status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran.